Late last month, we hosted a Webinar discussing the in’s and out’s of Google Shopping (PLA). In case you missed it, here is a brief recap:
Earlier this year, we partnered with several retailers to deliver the highest possible ROI for brands that they work with, using Google Shopping (PLA) and Google Search (PPC). Product Listing Ad program helps brands that are selling on specific retailers to become more effective and increase sales by leveraging Google PLAs. This program has seen an increase of over 200% in click through rate at no additional Cost per Click (CPC).
What is a Google Product Listing Ad?
Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs) are ads on Google that display a photo of your product, a title, price, store name, and additional information such as customer ratings. Unlike Adwords ads, which target product keywords, PLAs target individual products. They are usually located on top of Google search engine result pages (SERPs).
Google Product Listing Ad Benefits
- • Images, prices and ratings make PLAs more enticing to searches to click on them, thus increasing click-through rate and traffic to your site.
- • By displaying short and focused information, PLAs are able to effectively inform potential customers about a specific product before they even click on the ad, increasing the quality in leads.
- • PLAs are additional “real estate” on SERPs. Your product can appear also in organic search and Adwords ads at the same time.
- • Unlike Text Ads, PLAs placement and Ad positions are more visible on SERPs.
Sellpoints PLA Program
As the leading provider of e-commerce channel sales solutions, Sellpoints has cultivated relationships across a network of large retailers and brands. We designed our PLA program to help brands that are selling on these retailers increase traffic to specific Product Description Pages (PDPs) and sales on their products.
Advantages of Sellpoints PLA Program
- • Ensures presence on Google SERPs
- • Increased brand awareness
- • Better ad performance
- • PLA ads go directly to retailers’ product page
- • Google Shopping provides data and reports for you to have insight on how your products are performing
PLA Program Results
We ran test campaigns for 4 different PLA product categories to determine the opportunities and implementation logistics of our PLA program prior to its launch. As expected, the results showed a lot of promise to help brands sell more on retailers.
Depicted is the test we did for the Brother MFC-8810SW printer.
Prior to our test, the products we chose did not have retailer rankings for PLA. After the launch of the campaigns, we saw prominent rankings for the product. As you can see, our product PLA was showing for both the specific product search query as well as a more general category level query (Search Term).
The results of the test showed that our PLAs can achieve Click Through Rates (CTRs) over 200% higher than other PLAs in the same product category at the same or slightly lower Cost per Clicks (CPC).
Why Should I Participate in the PLA Program?
PLA programs benefit both brands and retailers:
- • Brands can achieve higher performing campaigns on Google PLA, increase brand awareness, and test new channels for potential incremental sales.
- • Retailers earn incremental traffic to their website at no additional cost, leading to incremental sales.
If you are interested in additional information regarding the Sellpoints’s PLA Program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org